Question about my eye exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jukepenguin

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I had a question about this portion of an eye exam. http://imgur.com/rCHUp

I understand that 20/20 is considered good vision, but what does the Spectacle Rx section mean? What would be the measurements for standard eyes in this sections.
 
I had a question about this portion of an eye exam. http://imgur.com/rCHUp

I understand that 20/20 is considered good vision, but what does the Spectacle Rx section mean? What would be the measurements for standard eyes in this sections.

That's just your best-corrected vision (i.e., with glasses/spectacles), as opposed to your unaided vision. There is no standard. Depends on whether you're emmetropic (don't need glasses), nearsighted, farsighted, astigmatic, or some combination.