Question about my injury

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kigot

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dear fellow doctors I have a serious concern and I need your opinion regarding my injury:
here it goes:
I got my neck hardly flexed and rotated during a game (someone knocked me down and wrestled with me) and I became numb in Rt hand in 2 minutes. CT-scan was negative for herniated disk and dignosis was pinched nerve. Its been 40 days now and Im still weak in Rt hand.
Im wondering do I need an MRI or what should I do??? would MRI change any workup plans or they will send me to physical therapy anyways?
And how long would such a thing as pinched nerve take to heal? I dont have any neck pain but could it still be radiculopathy? I get different answers from my MD friends and kind of confused and very concerned... I know many of you deal with these kind of cases, so please send give me your opinion.
God bless you and thanx for your time in advance...
kk

Members don't see this ad.

kigot said:
Dear fellow doctors I have a serious concern and I need your opinion regarding my injury:
here it goes:
I got my neck hardly flexed and rotated during a game (someone knocked me down and wrestled with me) and I became numb in Rt hand in 2 minutes. CT-scan was negative for herniated disk and dignosis was pinched nerve. Its been 40 days now and Im still weak in Rt hand.
Im wondering do I need an MRI or what should I do??? would MRI change any workup plans or they will send me to physical therapy anyways?
And how long would such a thing as pinched nerve take to heal? I dont have any neck pain but could it still be radiculopathy? I get different answers from my MD friends and kind of confused and very concerned... I know many of you deal with these kind of cases, so please send give me your opinion.
God bless you and thanx for your time in advance...
kk

As physicians-we are notorious for denying ourselves proper medical care-sounds like you had an initial work-up but feel lacking for a solid diagnosis/prognosis. No one here can help you in a proper way without actually examining you, etc. Try to locate a doc you like and trust and get a thorough eval.

BTW-unless it was a CT myelogram I don't think it would be v. helpful for soft tissue visualization (i.e. disk).

I think you need an MRI. Like Macman said, CT wouldn't give you the info re; disc herniation unless it was a myelogram.

With your symptoms (and especially the weakness four weeks out), a positive MRI finding can change your treatment options (ie discectomy/epidurals) v. more conservative therapy.

Good luck!