Question about my Timeline

Started by Eskibot
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Eskibot

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So heres the break down of my story. I chose a Civil Engineering degree because I wanted to be a Combat Engineering Officer int he Marine Corps because it sounds bad ass and the Marines are the best of the best. I was fortunate enough get selected to go to the Officer Training last summer and graduated from that. It was then I realized that I am not really interested in any of the jobs in the Marine Corps. It wasn't like I hated it, but I don't want to do something that I don't enjoy. I had no obligations to join the Marine Corps after training if I declined the commission so I did. After that I did some soul searching to see what I truly enjoy. I built my own computer and took a computer science class this year, got bored of it quick. Engineering is cool, but it gets pretty repetitive at times. Then I started to shadow doctors and volunteer at a local hospital. It was then that I realized that I am interested in a medical career. My goal is still to serve this country so I will be applying for a Navy medical scholarship when the time comes.

Now I am 2 weeks away from graduating with a Civil Engineering degree and Im trying to figure out what my timeline would be. I am sure I have taken all the physics and calculus required. I took Bio 1 and Chem 1, but didn't do so hot in them since I took them as a freshmen at a military school, so the environment was different then. I think it will be best for me to retake them and get my fundamentals as strong as possible.

Could someone help me out and write a timeline of what classes I need, in what order should I take them along with the semester, as well as when I should take the MCAT?

Thanks for the time
 
Assuming you have finished physics and calculus/statistics you would need:
Semester 1:
- Gen chem 1
- Bio 1
Semester 2:
- Gen chem 2
- Bio 2
Semester 3:
- Organic chem 1
- Upper division bio (some schools require advanced courses)
Semester 4:
- Organic chem 2 (optional at some schools)
- Upper division bio (some schools require advanced courses)
Semester 4 or 5 (depends on your school):
- Bio chem