Step I Question about NBME delivery format

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

stevesteve123

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So i'm planning on doing my first NBME this weekend.

I was wondering if its a web-based format or do you download a software? Also in the timed mode are you still able to pause the thing any time you want?

I think I'm gonna do a NBME and then super-set it with the free 150 to get a more realistic exam experience. So I was thinking of finishing NBME exam, Pause and not submit/see score yet, do free 150, then come back and submit the NBME

is this viable ?

thanks!
 
The NBMEs are web based and you can pause whenever you feel like it. When you submit you automatically see the score so I would pause and close down after doing the NBME right before submitting it. That way you would just resume and submit to see your score. Good luck!