Question About NBPME Part 1

Started by PharoPod
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PharoPod

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
To all people who have taken NBPME Part 1.

I tried the parctice material they offer on the NBPME web site. I just wanted to see your opinion about the level of difficulty of the real test compared to these material.

Thanks
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Only Feli answered the Q in another post. I can not believe that many Pod students visiting this forum and only one tried to help!!!

Thanks Feli
Quote:
Originally Posted by PharoPod
Can any body tell me how hard is the real test (NBPME 1) compared to the free practice material on the NBPME web site (same meterial sent with the exam permit). Thank You

The sample questions are usually retired questions that were used 5-10+ years ago. The exam has undergone some major reforms since then, but they give you a general idea of question format/setup and what to expect.

I thought the real exam's Qs were harder than the practice ones when I took pt1 in 2007, but I haven't seen this year's practice set. Like any standardized exam that covers a broad range of topics, there will be some cupcake questions, a lot of fair yet challenging ones, and a few that are very tough and you will have to make an educated guess.

My main advice for pt1 is to just know your anatomy... esp LEA, but also major nerve trunks, coronary pump/circulation. The anatomy questions were straightforward and not too hard if you did well in the courses and reviewed before the boards. Crushing anatomy helps since it's the most heavily represented, and that will make up for missing some of the more obscure questions in pharm or micro.