Question about next cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rutgers123

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys!
I'm applying for next cycle and I was just wondering if schools look at if you've taken classes such as Biochem and Physics before applying when they are making their decisions. I've heard mixed responses so I just wanted to know if anyone could give me a clear answer.

Members don't see this ad.

Now that most schools require biochem as a prerequisite, yes. It's better to take those before you apply. LECOM will put you on hold if you don't have biochem (if you contact them and say you are currently taking it now then they will remove the hold though)

As far as physics, no. Take it in your senior year so that you can take classes like histology, immunology, biochem, or any upper level bio courses.

Last edited:
I'd say depends. These classes are pretty important, and a good performance in them pre-application would likely lift your status up. Alternatively, if you anticipate doing mediocrely in physics, you'd want to take that while you're applying. If you're putting them off to take other science classes, I think you're fine. If you're taking a bunch of humanities, that might be a bit more of a question mark.