QUESTION about NOVA Pre-req

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pre Opt Student

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So on the website it says that they require 3 semester hours of "Anatomy and Physiology" but these two are listed together..unlike the other pre-reqs...what does that mean?? Do you have to take both of these courses for 3 semester hours? I havent taken either...but was thinking of taking human physiology next year...how strict are they with their pre-reqs?

Members don't see this ad.

Contact Fran...I'm pretty sure she told me that you have to take both not just one as in the one class must include both or if that's not offered you do have to take both seperately. Email Fran and she'll tell you. At FSU they offer a basic series of Anatomy and Physiology classes with lab. They only require one class but I'm taking the series to learn even more about it considering most Nova students say Gross Anatomy is the hardest class their first year.

So on the website it says that they require 3 semester hours of "Anatomy and Physiology" but these two are listed together..unlike the other pre-reqs...what does that mean?? Do you have to take both of these courses for 3 semester hours? I havent taken either...but was thinking of taking human physiology next year...how strict are they with their pre-reqs?

I know when Fran came and spoke at our school, she told us to take separate Anat and Physio classes since they're not offered as part of a single class.

Yeah, I took separate anatomy and physiology classes too. I figured it would help me out in the long-run.