Question about NYU interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Iampredent

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do I need to bring anything with me to the interview or can I just walk in empty handed?
Also, I was told that I will be asked about specific dental procedures. for example, they may ask, tell me step by step how do you do a root canal? Was anybody asked these kind of questions?
Anything you can say about the interview will be appreciated.

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

I was asked this question almost verbatim at my interview. Also, I was asked some basic questions regarding how I would go about treating a patient in my chair given some information about a patient. Although, I think that being able to describe in depth how to perform a root canal or do a crown prep is beyond the scope of predental preparation. If you knew it that well, you wouldn't need to go to dental school. I think they are just trying to see that you have a vested interest in the profession and have spent some time in a practice.

--Also, most people bring portfolios with them with questions they have prepared or something to take notes with if they feel the need. If you haven't already given them the photo you will want to bring that as well.

Last edited:
I was asked this question almost verbatim at my interview. Also, I was asked some basic questions regarding how I would go about treating a patient in my chair given some information about a patient. Although, I think that being able to describe in depth how to perform a root canal or do a crown prep is beyond the scope of predental preparation. If you knew it that well, you wouldn't need to go to dental school. I think they are just trying to see that you have a vested interest in the profession and have spent some time in a practice.

--Also, most people bring portfolios with them with questions they have prepared or something to take notes with if they feel the need. If you haven't already given them the photo you will want to bring that as well.

i c....anybody else

I wasn't asked anything even remotely like this. Just the standard, why do you want to be a dentist, tell me about your involvement with..., etc. The guy I interviewed with just chatted with me about stuff. Nothing this intense at all!

As for bringing stuff, I just brought a small bag with my wallet and stuff in it. Nothing too much.