Question about NYU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iLOVEsports

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just received an email from NYU today saying that my application is complete. But I submitted my AADSAS in mid august and all my stuff, including secondary fees and letters of rec, was sent to the schools in early September. Does this mean my application is considered to be REALLY late at NYU, because the email said my application is now being forwarded to the admission committee? I'm just worried because i haven't heard from any of the schools yet (no interviews, no rejections)

Members don't see this ad.

I just received an email from NYU today saying that my application is complete. But I submitted my AADSAS in mid august and all my stuff, including secondary fees and letters of rec, was sent to the schools in early September. Does this mean my application is considered to be REALLY late at NYU, because the email said my application is now being forwarded to the admission committee? I'm just worried because i haven't heard from any of the schools yet (no interviews, no rejections)

I'm pretty much in the same situation as you, except my application is still incomplete there. I called a few days ago and they said that it takes some time to get together, but the application will be sent over to the comittee for review. Is it late? I guess? But seeing how NYU has a lot of spots and offers many interviews, I don't think its a big deal. I hope to get the application complete email soon too.

Yeah Im in the same spot as both of you. I am wondering if it is too late. For some odd reason my application was incomplete and now I am wondering if I even have a chance.

Members don't see this ad :)
Be positive about the no rejections! you are still under consideration.

Haha, you say that's a joke, but it's highly possible. Anyways that's insane!! I wonder how many they have interviewed??

I am pretty much in the same exact position as you are as far as the date that my application was submitted and also the date I received the email from them. I already got one interview which hopefully means my application is competitive. So, I wouldn't be too worried about not getting an interview w/ NYU just yet specially since there are so many applicants this year. Plus, unfortunately there is nothing else to do but to wait.

Hi future dentists! Just wanted to share an astounding factoid I learned from a faculty member while I was in lab today. This year, NYU has already received approximately 8000 applications. That almost doubles last year's number, which was approximately 5000. Holy cow! Did all the pre-meds jump ship? (j/k)

Good luck to all you guys!

I really hope you're joking. I cant imagine a 60% increase in applicants in one year. But maybe that explains the extra slow processing time by them.

Edit: On 9/18 NYU sent a mass email to applicant to be patient with thier apps, stating "With more than 3,000 applications to date we would just like our applicants to know, and to expect, that the process of confirming each item in the application will take a few weeks' time." 8,000 does seem a little too high now.

Hi future dentists! Just wanted to share an astounding factoid I learned from a faculty member while I was in lab today. This year, NYU has already received approximately 8000 applications. That almost doubles last year's number, which was approximately 5000. Holy cow! Did all the pre-meds jump ship? (j/k)

hmm, there is nothing on predents to support such claim. Number people applied just about same as past 2 years. I would suspect that if there was such an upsurge in applications there would have been at least some movement on predents to show for it

hmm, there is nothing on predents to support such claim. Number people applied just about same as past 2 years. I would suspect that if there was such an upsurge in applications there would have been at least some movement on predents to show for it
Well I guess someone should create a poll to find out how many people have applied to NYU this year.

This is the only post this person has ever created on this forum. Their credibility is worst than nill. Every year, idiotic people like this spread rumors and then other people start getting their undergarments all in a bunch. I guess they must gain some sort of twisted enjoyment from seeing other people freak out. As for the increase in the number of applicants, I can see a 10-20% increase of applicants compared to the previous year, but a sudden increase of over 50% over the previous year's TOTAL applicants in just half the cycle? Those nigerian emails about winning a million dollars are more believable.

I believe him, like I believe everything on the internet.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAH43TZYGt4[/YOUTUBE]

:troll:

I am pretty much in the same exact position as you are as far as the date that my application was submitted and also the date I received the email from them. I already got one interview which hopefully means my application is competitive. So, I wouldn't be too worried about not getting an interview w/ NYU just yet specially since there are so many applicants this year. Plus, unfortunately there is nothing else to do but to wait.

Yeah I'm starting to wonder how competitive I am because I just received my first rejection letter from ASDOH :( Would you mind sharing what school you got the interview invite from and what your stats are?

Yeah I'm starting to wonder how competitive I am because I just received my first rejection letter from ASDOH :( Would you mind sharing what school you got the interview invite from and what your stats are?

I got the application is complete email on the 29th too. Got the interview invite today via email. Scheduled for Nov. 16th.

I got the application is complete email on the 29th too. Got the interview invite today via email. Scheduled for Nov. 16th.

I got the same email today and attempted to call, but no answer! How on earth did you get through on a Saturday? I hope I don't get screwed over on the date I need by waiting until Monday to schedule! :(

Your app was completed on August 29th? or September 29th?

Your app was completed on August 29th? or September 29th?

I got the application is complete email on oct 28th and got the interview email on oct 30th. scheduled it that friday afternoon for monday nov. 16th. i should mention however that i was waitlisted 2 cycles ago by NYU and have since developed a rapport with the admissions director there. she advised I do a masters in dental science at my home university (mcgill) and then reapply. as per her recommendation this is what i have so i was definitely expecting the interview. with your stats you have nothing to worry about though. best of luck!