Jul 19, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Veterinary
Hello!

I am a college grad going back to school to finish pre-reqs for vet school. I know a lot of vet schools do not allow online classes for classes that include a lab. I was curious if it made any difference if I took the class portion online but the lab in person?

I work full-time so unfortunately I need to schedule my classes around my 7:30-5:30pm work schedule. I cannot financially afford to only work part-time while finishing school. The school I am attending only offers the class portion during my working hours, but labs are offered at night and on Saturdays. Do any of you know anything about whether this is acceptable? I am sending an email to my first pick vet school as we speak to see what they say but wanted to ask here as well! Thanks.

May 26, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Veterinary
Hello!

I am a college grad going back to school to finish pre-reqs for vet school. I know a lot of vet schools do not allow online classes for classes that include a lab. I was curious if it made any difference if I took the class portion online but the lab in person?

I work full-time so unfortunately I need to schedule my classes around my 7:30-5:30pm work schedule. I cannot financially afford to only work part-time while finishing school. The school I am attending only offers the class portion during my working hours, but labs are offered at night and on Saturdays. Do any of you know anything about whether this is acceptable? I am sending an email to my first pick vet school as we speak to see what they say but wanted to ask here as well! Thanks.
Call each school that you’re interested in. I’m a military spouse and the closest school with the classes I needed was 3 hours away. They were all pretty understanding when I explained my situation.

About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.