Question about open houses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

arjusmc

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
A couple of the schools I applied to in my area are having open houses. I have not received an interview invite from either. I’d like to attend them, but will it come off as desperate? I’d hope it would make me look interested, but I don’t want to hurt my chances. What is the overall thought on attending open houses in this situation?

Members don't see this ad.

Purely anecdotal, but I went to the open house of the school I was accepted to when I had applied and was awaiting a response.

Fwiw, the dean of admissions was in the lobby before all the talks started, asking people who introduced themselves if they had applied yet, and passing out his business card if we had any questions or updates for him.

Reactions: 1 user
Purely anecdotal, but I went to the open house of the school I was accepted to when I had applied and was awaiting a response.

Fwiw, the dean of admissions was in the lobby before all the talks started, asking people who introduced themselves if they had applied yet, and passing out his business card if we had any questions or updates for him.

Thanks for the info. That event was overwhelmingly positive.

Reactions: 1 user