Question about open positions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

confusedMD2020

Reaction score
Is there a place to find open positions online- like a formal list?

Thank you all :)

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there a place to find open positions online- like a formal list?

Thank you all :)

Are you talking about open anesthesia residency spots? They’re pretty rare - usually programs can find someone even a marginal internal prelim resident (or, more commonly, disgruntled surgery resident) to fill rather than openly post a position. Especially in times like these when you can’t formally interview applicants, at least easily.

If you mean jobs then see above

Are you talking about open anesthesia residency spots? They’re pretty rare - usually programs can find someone even a marginal internal prelim resident (or, more commonly, disgruntled surgery resident) to fill rather than openly post a position. Especially in times like these when you can’t formally interview applicants, at least easily.

If you mean jobs then see above

I just stalked him/her a bit. S/he is an intern matched into surgical subspecialty. Having second thoughts....

Reactions: 1 user
Stay in the surgical subspecialty. Everyone has second thoughts during intern year. You’ll have 3rd thoughts as a resident and maybe even 4th thoughts in practice.

Reactions: 3 users
I have a personal situation and need to switch to the other coast
We can all understand that. Just make sure you think it through. Medicine in general is a huge sacrifice. You matching into that specialty for a reason and in general many feel that anesthesiology is an escape route, but really, take a time to read this board a bit. Many of us love the field and probably wouldn't do anything else, but if the above is true and you're matched to a surgical subspecialty, when you've finished residency you'll be able to make your life whatever you want. We can only do that to an extent in this field

Again, I understand personal issues come up, some of which are grave, but I would honestly find ways to work it out before huge career shifts. This is just my opinion and food for thought and not mean to be a personal jab.

Reactions: 5 users
unmatched in heme/onc cycle. looking for a pay-4 spot.