bballjake300

2+ Year Member
Jul 11, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
I literally have no clue about carbohydrates on the orgo section. Destroyer has some questions with something looking like glucose and then it's asking if it will mutarotate, if its a reducing sugar, if it's a D sugar?? Are we supposed to know that?? has anything ever come up on that DAT similar to those questions?? I literally only see it on destroyer.. my organic chem professors never talked about this and I haven't seen it in bootcamp.

sarriball

SDN Bronze Donor
Bronze Donor
2+ Year Member
Oct 16, 2014
Status
Dental Student
It's fair game to show up, so Destroyer includes those problems to better prepare you. Just go through Chad's on carbohydrates and that will prepare you to tackle the Destroyer problems and any problem that may appear on your version of the DAT.

Reactions: bballjake300

asdf99

2+ Year Member
Aug 1, 2014
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
I did not have any, but it's definitely fair game. If you don't have Chad's videos, open up your old biochem textbook (if you took biochem) and it will probably have a section on sugar chemistry.

WheatLom

2+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
I literally have no clue about carbohydrates on the orgo section. Destroyer has some questions with something looking like glucose and then it's asking if it will mutarotate, if its a reducing sugar, if it's a D sugar?? Are we supposed to know that?? has anything ever come up on that DAT similar to those questions?? I literally only see it on destroyer.. my organic chem professors never talked about this and I haven't seen it in bootcamp.

I feel like it is unlikely to come up. There are better questions that test organic chemistry that asking about sugars. However, technically it is fair game. I would think carbohydrates would be more relevant in biology.

orgoman22

DAT DESTROYER... Dr. Romano and Nancy
Lifetime Donor
Sponsor
Vendor
10+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2005
New York City
www.orgoman.com
Status
Non-Student
It's fair game to show up, so Destroyer includes those problems to better prepare you. Just go through Chad's on carbohydrates and that will prepare you to tackle the Destroyer problems and any problem that may appear on your version of the DAT.
Anything in Destroyer is fair game, if you want high scores you most prepare to fight!