Question about Orgo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bballjake300

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I literally have no clue about carbohydrates on the orgo section. Destroyer has some questions with something looking like glucose and then it's asking if it will mutarotate, if its a reducing sugar, if it's a D sugar?? Are we supposed to know that?? has anything ever come up on that DAT similar to those questions?? I literally only see it on destroyer.. my organic chem professors never talked about this and I haven't seen it in bootcamp.

Members don't see this ad.

It's fair game to show up, so Destroyer includes those problems to better prepare you. Just go through Chad's on carbohydrates and that will prepare you to tackle the Destroyer problems and any problem that may appear on your version of the DAT.

Reactions: 1 user
I did not have any, but it's definitely fair game. If you don't have Chad's videos, open up your old biochem textbook (if you took biochem) and it will probably have a section on sugar chemistry.

Members don't see this ad :)
I literally have no clue about carbohydrates on the orgo section. Destroyer has some questions with something looking like glucose and then it's asking if it will mutarotate, if its a reducing sugar, if it's a D sugar?? Are we supposed to know that?? has anything ever come up on that DAT similar to those questions?? I literally only see it on destroyer.. my organic chem professors never talked about this and I haven't seen it in bootcamp.

I feel like it is unlikely to come up. There are better questions that test organic chemistry that asking about sugars. However, technically it is fair game. I would think carbohydrates would be more relevant in biology.

It's fair game to show up, so Destroyer includes those problems to better prepare you. Just go through Chad's on carbohydrates and that will prepare you to tackle the Destroyer problems and any problem that may appear on your version of the DAT.
Anything in Destroyer is fair game, if you want high scores you most prepare to fight!

Reactions: 1 users
Destroyer covers it pretty well, Chads helped too! I have a few carbohydrate things in my anki set, but destroyer is good for it