question about orthodonic specialty

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ddsshin

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It is pretty damn early to ask this questin but...
I heard going into dental specialty is really competitive...
Does anybody know how competitive it is to going into ortho specialty?
Also, I would like to the steps I need to take in order to go to ortho specialty after getting DDS from dental school. How long is the ortho specialty program length? and which school has the best ortho program????
any suggestion?
thanks!:laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

Ortho is one of the most competitive dental specialties. Do a search and you will find lots of information on ortho!

Try looking in the dental and dental specialty forum.

Members don't see this ad :)
When I was interviewing one of the schools told me that they had about 600 applicants for their 6 positions. So competitive?? Yeah, I'd say so.

it's the most selective in terms of high board part I scores and high grades. Even more so than OMS. The worse part is, if you're near the top of the class, you'll probably be applying to ortho so the competition is fierce.

Anywhere from 1/16 to 1/60 applicants are admitted at a particular school. Programs range from 24 months to ~36 months.

Best program? Depends on what you want, where you want to live, etc...you'll figure it out in dental school. Just chill for now.