Question about past grades and Adcom

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

laura_mideon

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

I've read alot on here about people including in their personal statements reasons for why they had poor grades in the past. In my second semester I didn't do so well. I got a c+ in a geography class and a c- in a stupid english (medieval lit) class. I actually have a really "good" reason as to why I did so poorly, but the classes are so irrelevant to pharmacy I don't know if I should mention it in my statements....the classes obviously brought down my overall gpa (to around 3.4) but my pre req gpa is still almost 3.9
And I went on to get a b+ and a- in my 2 required english classes (so I don't think they'll worry about me being poor in english)

I should probaly not mention it right?? What do you think??

Thanks!!!!!!
:D

Members don't see this ad.

There's no reason to explain a C+ and C- when you have a 3.4/3.9
That would be like Charlize Theron explaining why she took a bad picture.

Microbus out

64microbus said:
There's no reason to explain a C+ and C- when you have a 3.4/3.9
That would be like Charlize Theron explaining why she took a bad picture.

Microbus out

Ha! Great analogy. :thumbup:

To the OP, I wouldn't worry about explaining two C's. :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow a 3.9, that is some feat!

Laura_Mideon - I can understand your situation. I totally freaked out when I received an C in advanced biochemistry. I thought my life was pretty much over then. But I do not think a couple of Cs in non science classes would really affect your admissions with your high pre-req gpa so I would not write about it in my personal statements. Your personal statements will help you shine so use it carefully. :thumbup:

I got Fs in History, General Science, and English Comp back in the day. These I did explain in my PS...I wouldn't worry about a C in a non-science course.

Wow, you don't know how much better I feel now!!
I was really sweating about those. I think I may end up with a B- or two to explain in physics, but hopefully that won't matter much.

bananaface - (btw I like your name :D ) you got C's in the whole physics series and you got in? Please say yes.....that makes me feel better......I HATE PHYSICS SO MUCH!!

64microbus - yah, if charlize can get away with that monster look, i can get away with a couple crappy grades, :laugh: that's so true!