Question about PCAT and E-Submitting

Started by clee18
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

clee18

Accepted Pharmacy Student
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Here's my situation: I took the PCAT last June and got a terrible score on it (I am retaking it in a couple of weeks), and I am almost ready to e-submit my pharmcas application.

My question is: will the pharmacy schools automatically see that terrible PCAT score from June and automatically reject me? I know there are many pros about getting your pharmcas application in ASAP, but I am wondering if this would actually be unfavorable for me, seeing as how the results from the October 18th PCAT won't be in until the end of November...if I'm lucky.

To summarize, would it be better to wait until after I get my PCAT results (which may take up until December) to e-submit, seeing as how I have a very bad PCAT score from last June on my Pharmcas application?
 
Here's my situation: I took the PCAT last June and got a terrible score on it (I am retaking it in a couple of weeks), and I am almost ready to e-submit my pharmcas application.

My question is: will the pharmacy schools automatically see that terrible PCAT score from June and automatically reject me? I know there are many pros about getting your pharmcas application in ASAP, but I am wondering if this would actually be unfavorable for me, seeing as how the results from the October 18th PCAT won't be in until the end of November...if I'm lucky.

To summarize, would it be better to wait until after I get my PCAT results (which may take up until December) to e-submit, seeing as how I have a very bad PCAT score from last June on my Pharmcas application?

I think just as long as you indicate on your pharmacas that you are planning on taking the exam in Oct., they will wait for those scores until they make a decision