Question about Pcat Bio Section.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Athom1994

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have taken Gen Chem 1 &2, Bio 1&2, and Orgo chem. 1.
Currently taking Orgo chem 2.
At the moment. I really do not remember any information from Biology classes I took 3 years ago. So I was wondering would a read through Dr. Collins biology section be enough for me? Or should I go and buy a Kaplan Pcat book and study the Bio section in it?
I am really stressed out when it comes to studying for the PCAT, because I feel like the biology section is so vast and broad that I feel like I have to know everything from Bio 1&2, which I essentially forgotten since it has been 3 years.
The real problem I think is that I just do not know where to start, when it comes to studying for the biology section.
Anyways, Thanks for taking the time to read this thread and answering if you do.

Members don't see this ad.

I have taken Gen Chem 1 &2, Bio 1&2, and Orgo chem. 1.
Currently taking Orgo chem 2.
At the moment. I really do not remember any information from Biology classes I took 3 years ago. So I was wondering would a read through Dr. Collins biology section be enough for me? Or should I go and buy a Kaplan Pcat book and study the Bio section in it?
I am really stressed out when it comes to studying for the PCAT, because I feel like the biology section is so vast and broad that I feel like I have to know everything from Bio 1&2, which I essentially forgotten since it has been 3 years.
The real problem I think is that I just do not know where to start, when it comes to studying for the biology section.
Anyways, Thanks for taking the time to read this thread and answering if you do.
I would pick up Kaplan for BIO, Collin's biology section is really broad and straight to the point which is only useful for those who have taken biology recently. Also you should know that BIO 2 isn't on the PCAT anymore.

The Kaplan for Bio. is that the Kaplan Pcat Strategies, Practice & Review Book? Or is it a different kaplan book? Also, Does Kaplan Bio go over the Microbiology you need to know for Pcat?

The Kaplan for Bio. is that the Kaplan Pcat Strategies, Practice & Review Book? Or is it a different kaplan book? Also, Does Kaplan Bio go over the Microbiology you need to know for Pcat?
Yes that one! I didn't study the whole bio section + I recently took micro so I can't answer that question for you.

Members don't see this ad :)