question about pcats

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Superflyjsc

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If i wanted to apply next year for fall 2006 and if I take the pcats like lets say june or july, whichever the next one is, will harcourt send the scores over to the schools once they are released or will they wait till this years admissions is all done and over with? Or will I have to notice harcourt to not release my scores yet to the schools until I tell them too? How does this work for people whos taking pcats after 2005 admissions is over with and planning to apply for 2006?
 
Superflyjsc said:
If i wanted to apply next year for fall 2006 and if I take the pcats like lets say june or july, whichever the next one is, will harcourt send the scores over to the schools once they are released or will they wait till this years admissions is all done and over with? Or will I have to notice harcourt to not release my scores yet to the schools until I tell them too? How does this work for people whos taking pcats after 2005 admissions is over with and planning to apply for 2006?
They will send the score where you tell them to send it. They send the results whe they finish scoring the test, normally 4-6 weeks after the exam date. The schools won't think you're applying for 2005 if they don't get your scores until 8/2005. You also need to know if your school uses Pharmcas. If they do, you'll need to have your scores sent to Pharmcas. Check with your schools on the details, they know more than any of us do.
 
I had a problem with Pharmcas last year. I took the PCAT in March 2004, and my scores were sent out to the requested places (a couple of schools and Pharmcas). However, Pharmcas didn't allow new applications until the summer, so they threw out the scores that had been sent to them. Thus, despite the "free/cost included" option of designating schools on the test, I still had to pay extra $$$ come fall to re-send my scores. The only reason I took the PCAT in March was for an early-decision application (which I didn't end up doing anyways). The worst part was that I didn't realize that my scores had been thrown out until perilously near the app. deadline.
The moral of the story is: if you're taking the PCAT before the fall of applications, make sure your school(s)/Pharmcas have your scores!