question about personal statement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jjw822

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
um.. so I am writing personal statement. you how we write essay with paragraphs and leave those spaces between each paragraph..
do you guys make different paragraph? or just keep it as one whole thing to save spaces since its limited to 4500 characters?

Members don't see this ad.

Definitely make paragraphs. If I had to read one big blob, I wouldnt be very happy.

so i will need to count those spaces between paragraphs.

blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah.(count these??)
(new paragraph)blahblahblahblah.

Members don't see this ad :)
so i will need to count those spaces between paragraphs.

blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah.(count these??)
(new paragraph)blahblahblahblah.

I use microsoft word to count words INCLUDING spaces.
u actually thought about counting all that urself?? it is 21st century!!

lol i am using office too!!!!!

I think I get it..

thanks though lol:):)

Hey guys,

Did you put a space after your periods or did you not to save space?

1)I put a space. After my period. But this could be valuable space?

2)If I did not put one.It would look like this.Is this messy?Will they know I'm cheating them?

:p

Hey guys,

2)If I did not put one.It would look like this.Is this messy?Will they know I'm cheating them?

look guys, i think the idea is to write a ps within the 4500 characters allowed. This is plenty space to get your point across, so I think its meaningless to devise ways to beat the system in order to cram in another word. Use paragraphs and at least one space behind sentences. why? because its proper english writing technique.

Hey guys,

OMG Yes they will notice right off the bat that you didn't put a space. Honestly.It looks.like someone.whohasnoidea. how toooo useacomputer.

Stick to the way you know how type. You don't want the reviewers thinking you can't use Word in the 21st Century. : ) :)

lol, quit trying to cheat the system!

This whole no spaces and making everything one big paragraph thing isn't going to give you a whole lot more room to write...

unless you want a little extra room to do stuff like this...

OR THIS!!!!!

Thanks for the input guys!

:D