Question about Pharmacy Intern

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

phrmboy123

Hi There
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I got accepted to pharmacy school for fall 07 and i was wondering, does my title at the pharmacy i work at automatically turn in to "intern" during the fall?? or do is it a seperate process to become that?...I work at Wal-Mart Pharmacy if anyone knows, please tell me.

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Get yourself a handy dandy intern license and talk to your pharmacy manager about switching you to an intern instead of a tech.

So I got accepted to pharmacy school for fall 07 and i was wondering, does my title at the pharmacy i work at automatically turn in to "intern" during the fall?? or do is it a seperate process to become that?...I work at Wal-Mart Pharmacy if anyone knows, please tell me.

thanks

I got my pay raise right away ... but I think my company was just being nice. To officially get your license you have to register after you have COMPLETED one full semester of pharmacy school ... this is in Iowa, though. I'm not sure if it differs from state to state.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah - what state are you in??? Don't make any assumptions.

im from MI

In MI - you have to complete the application, send in the fees and get verification from your dean's office you are a student in good standing.

You can get the detail from www.michigan.gov or google michigan intern pharmacist license requirements.

So...you have to wait until you actually get to school. Then....when you get your intern license, you tell your pharmacy manager...who then needs to get approval (interns are often paid out of a different budget than techs). He may or may not need to have a copy of the license, so have it available.

Good luck!