Question about PharmCAS School Information

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

VBCTea

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am looking at the PharmCAS School Information page for specific Pharmacy Schools. There is a section called "Criteria" and I have a question about the following:

For example, for Temple University, it states:

Number of TRANSFER seats available for fall 2011 Entering Class: 150

1. I was wondering by "Transfer", are they talking about transfer students from different Pharmacy Schools? For example, a Rutgers Pharmacy student in his 3rd year transferring to Temple University's 3rd year.

2. Or are they referring to students who have transferred prior to applying to Pharmacy Schools? For example, a community college student transferring to a four year university.

I'm curious since I see a lot of schools with very limited "Transfer seats" for each year.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I am looking at the PharmCAS School Information page for specific Pharmacy Schools. There is a section called "Criteria" and I have a question about the following:

1. I was wondering by "Transfer", are they talking about transfer students from different Pharmacy Schools? For example, a Rutgers Pharmacy student in his 3rd year transferring to Temple University's 3rd year.

2. Or are they referring to students who have transferred prior to applying to Pharmacy Schools? For example, a community college student transferring to a four year university.

I'm curious since I see a lot of schools with very limited "Transfer seats" for each year.

Thanks

IMO, the first choice.

Thanks

I'm an undergrad at Temple right now. Temple is mainly a 6 year program with 2 years of concentrated undergraduate study and then the 4 years of pharmacy school. A transfer student is someone who is defined as someone who was not in the 6 year program and is transferring into the first professional year, or year 3 in the 6 year program.