Question about PharmD/phD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

paperiswhite

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have an interview coming up next week, for USC, and Im preparing for my interview. I was thinking about the questions, where do you see yourself in 5 years.
I talked about working in compounding in my personal statement (and drug development later on), but taking part in the pharm/phD program USC offers is something that I really want to do. However, If they asked me what I plan to do after I graduate I am stumped. Is it ok for me to work in compounding, because is something I want to specialize in as well, and then maybe progress slowly into the research field with my phD?

So my question is, is it ok for me say I see myself working in compounding after I graduate, and not using my phD for a while. Im not sure where I see myself actually, I just want to be prepared with a response.
 
I have an interview coming up next week, for USC, and Im preparing for my interview. I was thinking about the questions, where do you see yourself in 5 years.
I talked about working in compounding in my personal statement (and drug development later on), but taking part in the pharm/phD program USC offers is something that I really want to do. However, If they asked me what I plan to do after I graduate I am stumped. Is it ok for me to work in compounding, because is something I want to specialize in as well, and then maybe progress slowly into the research field with my phD?

So my question is, is it ok for me say I see myself working in compounding after I graduate, and not using my phD for a while. Im not sure where I see myself actually, I just want to be prepared with a response.

do you mean drug design? in that case, phd might be the way to go but that doesn't mean you can't do it with a pharmd; it just might be harder to get into that position. a phd might add on some time to your schooling depending on the program and you will probably have to do some research.