Question about physician letter

Started by veepfan
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

veepfan

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,

I recently decided to apply to a couple of DO schools and unfortunately do not have a physician letter of rec (I shadowed a DO, but it was years ago - I'm a nontrad applicant). My stats are cGPA=3.76, sGPA = 3.71, and MCAT of 513 (128, 127, 127, 131). I am applying to DO schools that strongly recommend a physician letter but don't require one. Will I be automatically screened out at these schools or will not having a physician letter be okay?

Thanks for your advice in advance!
 
Hi,

I recently decided to apply to a couple of DO schools and unfortunately do not have a physician letter of rec (I shadowed a DO, but it was years ago - I'm a nontrad applicant). My stats are cGPA=3.76, sGPA = 3.71, and MCAT of 513 (128, 127, 127, 131). I am applying to DO schools that strongly recommend a physician letter but don't require one. Will I be automatically screened out at these schools or will not having a physician letter be okay?

Thanks for your advice in advance!
Won't be an issue
 
Hi,

I recently decided to apply to a couple of DO schools and unfortunately do not have a physician letter of rec (I shadowed a DO, but it was years ago - I'm a nontrad applicant). My stats are cGPA=3.76, sGPA = 3.71, and MCAT of 513 (128, 127, 127, 131). I am applying to DO schools that strongly recommend a physician letter but don't require one. Will I be automatically screened out at these schools or will not having a physician letter be okay?

Thanks for your advice in advance!
If there was ever a time you would skate on this (and it shouldn't be a red flag with those stats anyway) it would be now during COVID.

David D MD - USMLE and MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors