question about physics 2 w/calc.....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Canez81

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
is calculus 2 a pre-req for phy 2 w/calc? i have already taken part 1 and was planning on taking 2 next semester, but have been advised to have calc 2 done before phy 2. what advice is out there?

Members don't see this ad.

depends on the school u go to, I assume. I would just talk to the teachers to see how much calculus the course really uses. In the end, it's important that you do what is best to do well in ur physics courses, whether they're calc-based physics or not.

Members don't see this ad :)
i think calc 2 was sequences and series, and maybe something else that i forgot. anyway calc 1 and 3 were definitely better and more useful. sequences and series have never come into play in any of my other classes, only on useless brain teasers and standardized tests maybe

dude i got interviews within the next month at columbia dartmouth and penn, im psyched, maybe biz is respected after all. rejected from uchicago, bastards. ill keep you posted--acceptances start going out 10/15. good luck with mcat prep, it sucks but go for the 40

Shredder said:
dude i got interviews within the next month at columbia dartmouth and penn, im psyched, maybe biz is respected after all. rejected from uchicago, bastards. ill keep you posted--acceptances start going out 10/15. good luck with mcat prep, it sucks but go for the 40
Yeah...let me know.

I am psyched for next semester. I am taking 6 hour honors accounting which is acct 1 & 2 combined.

BrettBatchelor said:
Yeah...let me know.

I am psyched for next semester. I am taking 6 hour honors accounting which is acct 1 & 2 combined.
accountings good, its a must in order to become like buffett. its neat being able to kind of understand all of those reports and statements companies issue. and if you get really good you can do enron :smuggrin:

Canez81 said:
is calculus 2 a pre-req for phy 2 w/calc? i have already taken part 1 and was planning on taking 2 next semester, but have been advised to have calc 2 done before phy 2. what advice is out there?
Most schools have what is commonly termed a "co-requisite" meaning you have to take the classes together at the very least. Calc II is generally a co-req for phys2, and quite frankly you shouldn't have any trouble at all if you take them together.

As for sequences and series (I hated those and I was a math major), they came back in PChem and higher level math classes.