Question about Pre-req completion date

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RemainPositive

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Y'all,

I am a rising senior this fall and will be applying to Dental schools next cycle (2019). However, due to majority of DS not accepting AP credits for CHEM 1, I will likely have to retake it again this school year, this will force me to bump my Physics II completion to Summer or the Fall of 2018. Will Dental Schools care that I have not completed my physics pre-req at the time of my application (probably around June next year) as long as I have it finished before matriculation?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, most schools don't care, but since some schools actually start in June, they prefer you have them done before May of matriculation. Secondly (and I might not be correct here) but if it's considered a big pre-req for that particular school, then schools would like to see your grade before you apply. Ultimately, I would try to get it done far enough in advance of matriculation that you don't have to stress about it.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello Y'all,

I am a rising senior this fall and will be applying to Dental schools next cycle (2019). However, due to majority of DS not accepting AP credits for CHEM 1, I will likely have to retake it again this school year, this will force me to bump my Physics II completion to Summer or the Fall of 2018. Will Dental Schools care that I have not completed my physics pre-req at the time of my application (probably around June next year) as long as I have it finished before matriculation?

Yes that us 100% fine

Reactions: 1 user