Question about pre reqs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

tattooedhearts

Full Member
5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I recently went from pre-med to pre-opt, I'm looking at the pre reqs and most schools (with the exception of a couple that I don't really plan on applying to) only require one semester of organic chemistry. I have one semester done already. Would it be beneficial to take the other semester or should I just focus on biochem and physics? Thanks.
 
I recently went from pre-med to pre-opt, I'm looking at the pre reqs and most schools (with the exception of a couple that I don't really plan on applying to) only require one semester of organic chemistry. I have one semester done already. Would it be beneficial to take the other semester or should I just focus on biochem and physics? Thanks.

Ask you institution, I noticed the schools I want to go to as well only require organic chemistry 1, but my institution requires for me to take orgo 1&2 before I take biochemistry. So, if you can get away with it, then do it. If not, then there's no damage in learning more about organic chemistry