• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

Question about Pre-Reqs

kevinrho

7+ Year Member
Aug 24, 2009
CA
  1. Dental Student
    I couldn't find a thread stating this question so can someone help answer my question?

I am a predental student and was wondering if most dental schools require a full year of Ochem lab with a full year of Ochem lecture.

My school offers ochem lab separately from ochem lecture so you don't really have to take the ochem lab portion if you don't need to. I know that some schools require at least 1 semester of lab, but do I need the second semester of ochem lab as well?

thanks

kevin

SuperTank

5+ Year Member
    Jul 7, 2009
    Phoenix
    1. Dental Student
      I couldn't find a thread stating this question so can someone help answer my question?

I am a predental student and was wondering if most dental schools require a full year of Ochem lab with a full year of Ochem lecture.

My school offers ochem lab separately from ochem lecture so you don't really have to take the ochem lab portion if you don't need to. I know that some schools require at least 1 semester of lab, but do I need the second semester of ochem lab as well?

thanks

kevin

All schools I am applying to require both OChem and the lab... same for biology, physics and gen chem.

flying rider

Jun 1, 2009
      1. Pre-Dental
        My school had the lecture separate from the labs as well and I took the year of ochem plus the 2 qtrs of lab. If you look at the prereqs on schools' websites, it'll usually say something like "1 year Organic Chemistry with lab" or something like that. Same with bio, physics and gen chem, I believe.

About the Ads

SuperPink

5+ Year Member
        Jul 16, 2009
        1. Dental Student
          most to all dental schools require a year of lab for each course: gen bio, gchem, physics, and ochem. Even when its offered separately, take lab along with the lecture component (its easier that way)

About the Ads
          This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
          2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
          5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
          6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          7. This thread is locked.