Question about Pre-Reqs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kevinrho

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I couldn't find a thread stating this question so can someone help answer my question?

I am a predental student and was wondering if most dental schools require a full year of Ochem lab with a full year of Ochem lecture.

My school offers ochem lab separately from ochem lecture so you don't really have to take the ochem lab portion if you don't need to. I know that some schools require at least 1 semester of lab, but do I need the second semester of ochem lab as well?

thanks

kevin

Members don't see this ad.

I couldn't find a thread stating this question so can someone help answer my question?

I am a predental student and was wondering if most dental schools require a full year of Ochem lab with a full year of Ochem lecture.

My school offers ochem lab separately from ochem lecture so you don't really have to take the ochem lab portion if you don't need to. I know that some schools require at least 1 semester of lab, but do I need the second semester of ochem lab as well?

thanks

kevin

All schools I am applying to require both OChem and the lab... same for biology, physics and gen chem.

My school had the lecture separate from the labs as well and I took the year of ochem plus the 2 qtrs of lab. If you look at the prereqs on schools' websites, it'll usually say something like "1 year Organic Chemistry with lab" or something like that. Same with bio, physics and gen chem, I believe.

Members don't see this ad :)
i think the question is do we need a full year of lab or is one quarter ok?
(for gen chem, physics, o chem, & bio)

most to all dental schools require a year of lab for each course: gen bio, gchem, physics, and ochem. Even when its offered separately, take lab along with the lecture component (its easier that way)

Get the full year of lab.