question about pre-requisites

Started by vinganca
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

vinganca

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm taking most of my prereqs at the community college that's 2 blocks away from my house. However, they only offer physics I in fall and II in spring, and I need to do it the other way around (I this coming spring, II in the fall). And they don't offer many summer classes, and I planned on taking A&P I and II during the 1st and 2nd summer sessions.

So I'm thinking about taking physics and A&P at another community college. Will it look bad at DPT admissions time, to have taken the prereqs at two different schools simultaneously? (Well, 3 different schools actually--I have to take exercise physiology at a local 4-year college cos that's the only place around here that offers it.)
 
I don't think this will look bad - I was enrolled at two schools to complete my pre-reqs since I didn't want to have to take 3 years to fit them all in - similar to your issue. To me, it shows dedication to your coursework to do whatever it takes to get into the classes you need.
 
I think that will look fine but I am curious which school requires exercise physiology??
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think that will look fine but I am curious which school requires exercise physiology??

University of Montana is one school that requires it, but they will let you take it after you are accepted (in the summer @ UofM)
 
I have courses in 4 different schools, it isn't a problem when I speak to schools. More a pain in the butt for me when requesting transcripts. The only thing I ran into was one school not liking course work taken at a community college, they want it taken at a 4 year school. That said, they won't deny you and it was just one school out of 11 that I have look at...

Good luck.
 
^^ I was wary of that, so I emailed all of the schools on my list and asked if they prefer their applicants to have taken the prereqs at a 4-year university.

Fortunately, all of them said it makes no difference where the courses are taken, as long as the content includes what they specify and the school is accredited. 🙂

It's just so ridiculously expensive to take them at a 4-year. Two of the DPT programs I'm looking at are private schools, so the tuition is very high...I know I'll have debt from PT school and that's to be expected, but I don't want to start accruing debt before I've even gotten in to a program!