Question about re-applying and re-taking the mcat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

theDr.

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am still waiting to hear from a few schools for this fall, however, I did retake the mcat on the 17th and will re-apply obviously if need be. However, if I can send out my applications prior to when my second set of mcat scores are released in mid-june, can I have the schools just receive my first set of scores or will my second set of scores going ot be sent to the schools either way? Can i have the schools just use my first set of scores anyways? thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not sure if your second set of scores will automatically go out with aacoma (do), but I know for aamcas (md) that your second score will be sent automatically if you checked off a box during the test to release your scores.

You can tell the schools that you retook the mcats, but to use your first score in the meantime. Usually when your second score gets in, they'll use that.

Hope that helps!
:luck:

They will send all your scores. You can't have just one set sent unless you stopped your scores and then you would'nt even know what you had gotten.

Keep in mind that they take 4 weeks (usually) to process your application so that will be enough time for your new scores to reach the schools along with your old scores. AAMC releases all scores together.