SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Question about reapplying to UHCOP

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by mis8104, Apr 27, 2007.

1. mis8104

mis8104 2+ Year Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Hi everyone, I need some advice. I applied to UH college of pharmacy and was interviewed on April 13th (was anyone else there??). Unfortunately, I didnt get in. I think it was because of my low PCAT, but maybe I didnt do too good in the interview. Do I have a chance if I apply again next year? How should I improve my application? Should I retake the PCAT?
    Any advices and suggestions will be appreciated.
    thanks

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. julierx

julierx Member 5+ Year Member

Oct 14, 2005
    i know this is unrelated to reapplying, but were you tabled or denied?

4. mis8104

mis8104 2+ Year Member

Apr 27, 2007
    I was denied. I'm surprised though that they sent out denial letters so soon. But anyways, were you interviewed at UH on the 13th of April?

5. julierx

julierx Member 5+ Year Member

Oct 14, 2005
    No, I interviewed in March and I was tabled. I'm sorry to hear you were denied. Did they call you to let you know? Good luck with reapplying next year.

6. mis8104

mis8104 2+ Year Member

Apr 27, 2007
    No they sent a letter. I had a low pcat so I was sort of expecting it, but I didnt realize they'd start sending rejection letters so soon. Good luck to you too :)How was your interview? did you find it stressful? Did you hear from them yet?

7. jackiechinatown

jackiechinatown Pharmacy Student

Apr 14, 2009
    Texas
    Hey no worries. If you really want to be a pharmacist stick with it. When I applied last year I was denied acceptance as well. I think it was because my PCAT score and part to do with the interview questionnaire I sent in. Just so you can get a ball park range of where I was when I applied last year and what I did to get accepted this year:

Last year: PCAT 59, GPA ~3.6-3.7, about 100 hours working in a pharmacy
    This year: PCAT 88, GPA ~3.6-3.7, about 100 hours working in a pharmacy, graduating with a BS in Bio.

On the mail you received from UHCOP, it should say you can contact them to talk about why you were denied and what you can do to fix that. When I was denied I talked to the TTUHSC advisor, Linda Goldstein, and she told me the areas I needed to improve.

If this is what you want then stick with it because you will succeed, I did and I am a very pessimistic person.