Question about requirements needed for acceptance.

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pqtran29

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have to get official copies of advanced placement scores from the www.collegeboard.com website sent to Nova. But I don't know what kind of scores I am suppose to request. Is it SAT Scores or something else?

I emailed Ms. Fran, and she gave me a link to the AP section because I didn't take the SAT in my state.

Do I have to take an advance placement test or something? Did anyone have to do this? Any comment would be appreciated. THANKS!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,

I have to get official copies of advanced placement scores from the www.collegeboard.com website sent to Nova. But I don't know what kind of scores I am suppose to request. Is it SAT Scores or something else?

I emailed Ms. Fran, and she gave me a link to the AP section because I didn't take the SAT in my state.

Do I have to take an advance placement test or something? Did anyone have to do this? Any comment would be appreciated. THANKS!!

I guess I'll be the first to ask, cause I know everybody that has read your post is thinking it..... What on earth are you talking about?

I don't go to NOVA so I don't know exactly what they want, but I am willing to bet they could care less about your SAT and AP test scores. Unless things have changed dramatically in the last few years all they will want are your OAT scores, which you should have had sent to the school anyhow, and a copy of your undergraduate transcript. If you have happened to AP out of some courses the fact that you scored well enough for it to count as a course will show up on your undergraduate transcript.

haha, I too don't know what on earth I'm talking about either. :confused:

My cousin who just finished her first year at Nova's optometry program didn't know what I was talking about. I'm going to speak with Ms. Fran again to see what it is exactly I need to do.

I just wanted to ask on the forum for a quick reply to see if anyone else needed to send the same official advance placement scores before they become fully admitted.

Thanks for the response

Members don't see this ad :)
^^I'm also attending Nova this August and have been asked to send in a copy of my AP scores. When Fran asked me to do this, I remember thinking that this request was a bit strange. AP tests were about 5 years ago for me so I almost forgot that I received credit in the first place. And its even more excessive because the credit shows up on my transcript.

Could you let me know what Fran says after you speak with her since I'm in the same boat as you. Thanks.

^^Hey future classmate.

I just called to ask about it. She said I don't have to worry about it because I didn't take the AP test at my college for College Algebra credit. Instead I took an advance standing test offered by the college for credit, and so I don't have worry about that now.

Have you requested your scores to be sent to Nova yet? It is required in order to be fully admitted. Which got me worrying at first what AP test scores were. Now I just need to get my physical and immunization forms in to them.

GOOD LUCK! and see ya this fall..