Question about research programs.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

worriedwell

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
To those who frequent this board who have knowledge of clinical psychology programs, would you mind throwing out some names of programs that are thought of as academically strong in the world of clinical psychology. In other words, what places are putting out the influential research in the broad field of clinical psychology. Which programs have forward thinking faculty that are pushing mental health care policy and research. I'm not interested in the clinical training per se, but rather the quality and impact of the research to be paying attention to.

Thanks in advance for opinions. I realize there may not be a consensus, but I was curious.

Best,
Worriedwell

Members don't see this ad.

Well, a lot of it depends on what field you're interested in. For example, programs that do great research on depression and anxiety might not do much research at all on children. Programs are often known for their research in specific areas.

That being said, a lot of the big state schools, (ie. UC-Berkeley, UCLA, University of Washington, University of Wisconsin, UNC) are known for producing excellent research, as well as having research-oriented programs.

does anyone know anything about San Diego State University/UCSDs joint doctoral program?

Members don't see this ad :)
Someone had posted a link awhile ago about the carnegie clinical science list, you mihgt want to look for that, or if the person could post it again that would be great.

THanks for the link JP.