BBCherry

10+ Year Member
Dec 5, 2007
Status
Medical Student
Hello,

I'm planning to take the USMLE soon and I plan to buy some review books. I already got the First Aid Step I. What review books do you all recommend? I am considering the Pretest Review Collection. What's your intake in those collection? I deeply appreciate your feedback. Thanks!:D

mq123

Blah username =/= blah me
10+ Year Member
Jun 12, 2007
BuyMoria
Status
Medical Student
:p
Hello,

I'm planning to take the USMLE soon and I plan to buy some review books. I already got the First Aid Step I. What review books do you all recommend? I am considering the Pretest Review Collection. What's your intake in those collection? I deeply appreciate your feedback. Thanks!:D

I'm still a year out frome the exam, but just some advice: don't be like me and start hoarding tons of review books because 'they look good' or 'it's supposed to be the best' or 'I should get it because I have most of the others in the same series' etc. I have sooo many books right now that I know I won't be able to get through, and people do fine getting by with just a few essentials. So, please listen to those who tell you to get 5 great books instead of 20 good books...:p

Not very helpful but hopefully in the right direction :thumbup:

McGillGrad

Building Mind and Body
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 21, 2002
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
The best advice is non-specific:

Don't use too many books. Pretest is fine but I prefer online banks (Rx, UW etc)

Take a look at Taus' recommended books.