Question about school averages...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thefifthbeatle

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

for my example I will use Case Western.

Their averages for AA and PAT are 19.5/18.5 respectively and GPA of 3.5

Many people are applying on here and predents.com with 21+ in both...Does that mean they are taking people with lower than 18 AA and 17 PAT for every person with a 21+? Or are people lying on here and most people are still mostly getting 19's and 18's? Same goes for people with 3.8 and 3.2?

What do you think

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,

Many people are applying on here and predents.com with 21+ in both...Does that mean they are taking people with lower than 18 AA and 17 PAT for every person with a 21+? Or are people lying on here and most people are still mostly getting 19's and 18's? Same goes for people with 3.8 and 3.2?

What do you think
I am sure some of them are tweaking their stats, but you also have to take into account that the people on predent.com represent only a fraction of the individuals applying (less then 10%). Try looking back at the stats form the last cycle on predent. The people that are attending this year match up very well with the stats you mentioned and should provide you with some clarity.

Members don't see this ad :)
people getting picked up with lower than 18 likely have very good connections or represent a highly under-represented minority (i.e. native americans)

jB!:)

Hello,

What do you think

Hey Apu,

High DAT scores don't necessarily make good dentists. Not just minorities get in with 18's and 19's thats utterly preposterous. Yeah maybe if you are 18+/- you want to have good LORs and such but your first idea was the correct one ; they accept applicants with a spectrum of Stats.. Look on predents at the 2007 cycle, and you will see this pattern.

people getting picked up with lower than 18 likely have very good connections or represent a highly under-represented minority (i.e. native americans)

jB!:)

Oh really! Thirfty nine (39) Native Americans out of an enrollment of 4671 are sure to have a dramatic influence. And, of course, you have it on good authority that those accepted did indeed have low DAT scores and that some others with low scores had very good connection.

It looks you have a good list of schools that is most compatible with your stats. I think you have a good shot. As for your question, I don't think schools take many people with lower than 18AA. Make sure you work on your interview skills.
Hello,

What do you think

Just so everyone knows, and it will be my last comment ever on Louisville, the program accepted a kid with a 15 AA. no joke a 15. The kid is a complete duntz, but daddy and all the uncles went there.

So when a school has an average of a 19, then obviously there are kids accepted with higher and lower scores for whatever reason.

Oh really! Thirfty nine (39) Native Americans out of an enrollment of 4671 are sure to have a dramatic influence. And, of course, you have it on good authority that those accepted did indeed have low DAT scores and that some others with low scores had very good connection.

why don't you take a second to re-read my post. key word is "likely."

jb!:)

why don't you take a second to re-read my post. key word is "likely."

jb!:)

OK.

Oh really. Thirty nine (39) Native Americans out of an enrollment of 4671 are likely to have a dramatic influence. And, of course, you have it on good authority that those accepted did indeed have low DAT and that some others with low scores likely had very good connection.

Is this better?