question about Science gpa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TISMD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I read the forums and I saw that biotechnology classes count toward BCPM science gpa... But the question I have is that my schools biotechnology classes are with the course ID header MT (medical technology) would that make them count as Med tech classes? ( which are not included in the BCPM gpa.) Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

I read the forums and I saw that biotechnology classes count toward BCPM science gpa... But the question I have is that my schools biotechnology classes are with the course ID header MT (medical technology) would that make them count as Med tech classes? ( which are not included in the BCPM gpa.) Thank you.
Yes, they would most likely be viewed as Med Tech classes. You have the option, if the course description in the cataglog supports that the class is > 50% hard science, of petitioning AMCAS to count it as science (by sending in the descriptive materials). Why don't you call AMCAS annd ask about this to be sure of the proper course (pun not intended).

Yes, they would most likely be viewed as Med Tech classes. You have the option, if the course description in the cataglog supports that the class is > 50% hard science, of petitioning AMCAS to count it as science (by sending in the descriptive materials). Why don't you call AMCAS annd ask about this to be sure of the proper course (pun not intended).

Thanks, I actually called them. Found out that its up to me (or whoever for future reference) to indicate if its a science course or not ( depending on how much of the "hard sciences" is included in that course. Thanks for telling me that I can actually call them. Now I know for future reference!