Question about scratched cornea.

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

golfmontpoker

I hate chemistry
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Whats up optometry students? I am a pre-dent, so I dont come around here very often. Anyways I wouldn't mind some of your guys take on my situation. I slept with my contacts the other night, and now I have this feeling of a object is stuck in my eye. I think I scratched my cornea or have an ulcer or something. Going to go to the optometrist tomorrow and see what going to be done. Think I will have to wear a patch? Any advice? Thanks a bunch.

Members don't see this ad.

More than likely just some contact lens induced inflammation. However, it could be the beginnings of an ulcer if it keeps getting worse. It the pain gets worse you should page an optometrist on call and be seen tonight. Patching doesn't really happen much anymore. Out of contacts for awhile and possibly and eyedrop. Good luck I see the pain every day.

More than likely just some contact lens induced inflammation. However, it could be the beginnings of an ulcer if it keeps getting worse. It the pain gets worse you should page an optometrist on call and be seen tonight. Patching doesn't really happen much anymore. Out of contacts for awhile and possibly and eyedrop. Good luck I see the pain every day.

Well the pain really isn't excruciating, its mostly a very extreme annoyance. It does hurt extremely bad though in the sunlight, and also its hard to keep my eyes open sometimes. Some how its affecting my parasympathetic nervous system. My right eye (one thats bothering me) wants to close, and it makes me feel extremely disoriented and the only comfort is closing both eyes... i don't know, its really hard to explain.

Members don't see this ad :)
Dear golfmontpoker,

It's probably difficult to give you a definitive answer over the web, but the watch word is progress. The cornea heals within a day or two with small abrasions. Anything that takes more than 2 days usually means that that a look by someone is advisable.

The fact that you might not have pain may mean that the lesion is not central but probably peripheral or that there was no epithelial break. You can have a sterile epitelial break but because of a history of contact lens wear, anything is assumed to be infectious until proven otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.