Question about Sending DAT scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

briansle

Cell A
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm gonna take the DAT this August, but I'll be applying May 2005, the end of my junior year. On the DAT registration it says I should pick 5 schools to send my score reports to. Even though, I'll be applying next year, should I just pick five schools anyways since its free??

Or should I not pick any schools, and later request official score reports when I apply.
I just confused as to what the five Dental schools that I pick will do with my DAT scores since I'm taking the test way before I actually apply. Will they just throw away my scores?

Members don't see this ad.

You should just send it to the dental schools since it is included in your DAT fee. Also, if you do really well on your DAT, sometimes the schools will even try to pursuade you to go to their school by sending information booklets and other stuff! You can also make the school aware of who you are this year and let them know you are interested in their school.

After when the schools receive your DAT, they will create a folder are you (presuming that you are a 2005 applicant) and will send you a notice on what will be missing (AADSAS application). But eventually at the end of the cycle, they will throw the DAT scores away.

Definitely indicate up to 5 schools. Later, you will have to pay to have your scores forwarded. If you do not do well and need to repeat, your August 2004 scores will appear on the future transcript that schools will receive - along with your repeat results.

I was informed by an admissions counselor that DAT transcripts are held for two or three years. A national record retention policy? dictates that official documents are retained for that period. :idea:

I am confused about the DAT Scores! I took the DAT on April 17th, 2004. Now I was wondering does the school still have them on file or do I have to resend them? Thank you! :confused: