Question about SMPs and college major

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lifehouse

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It seems that most SMPs are geared toward science majors. However, do any programs accept those who majored in the humanities but have taken required pre-medical courses? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Lifehouse said:
It seems that most SMPs are geared toward science majors. However, do any programs accept those who majored in the humanities but have taken required pre-medical courses? Thanks.

i majored in the humanities (english major, medical anthropology minor) while taking my premedical curriculum, and ive been able to get into masters programs. i applied to 6 schools, have been accepted to four, and am waiting to hear from two. so far, ive been accepted to wayne state, nymc, boston u., and loyola uchicago for m.s./m.a. degrees in medical science, so those schools definitely accept humanities majors :) good luck, and let me know if you have any more questions!

trends actually show students who are humanities majors and managed to get all their prereqs done have a higher acceptance rate to med school then pure science majors, so i wouldnt see why SMPs wouldnt follow a similar suit.

braluk said:
trends actually show students who are humanities majors and managed to get all their prereqs done have a higher acceptance rate to med school then pure science majors, so i wouldnt see why SMPs wouldnt follow a similar suit.

Do you have a citation or link to where you read it?