Question About Specialty Electives and Related Activities

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

highlightstar

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a question and wanted to get people's opinion - if I complete an elective (not-official VSLO, no official agreement with my school, set up by my PD, just rotated at another program for a month [they typically do not offer aways for medical students]), and another "off the transcript" at a private practice functioning as a medical student and working up and presenting patients, can I put that on the specialty electives and related activities section? What about leading an interest group?

Also - do we need to provide a description or would rotation names and dates be sufficient?

Thank you for your insight 🙂
 
Last edited: