Question about statistics/english completion

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Danthenub

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it of great importance to have classes such as statistics or an advanced expository writing course completed when you apply for dental school? Anotherwords, would it be frowned upon to indicate, in your application, that you plan on taking those your senior year rather than already having them completed. Would dental schools rather you have them done already when you apply??

(Math Stats is currently being flooded by freshman/sophmours who have much earlier registration dates making it a pain for juniors to get into)

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Is it of great importance to have classes such as statistics or an advanced expository writing course completed when you apply for dental school? Anotherwords, would it be frowned upon to indicate, in your application, that you plan on taking those your senior year rather than already having them completed. Would dental schools rather you have them done already when you apply??

(Math Stats is currently being flooded by freshman/sophmours who have much earlier registration dates making it a pain for juniors to get into)

Thanks.

Its best to have as many required courses as possible completed by the time you apply. However, if you're just missing one or two requirements, its usually ok. Keep in mind that many schools have composition and calculus as required courses.

i thought calculus was a recommended course among most dental schools, but not required among that many?

i thought calculus was a recommended course among most dental schools, but not required among that many?

Just check the websites of the schools you are applying to and that'll clear that question up.

As for composition/writing and stats I think whats more important is that you get all the science that will prepare you for the DAT. As long as you have a decent course load I don't think the adcoms will care much if you haven't taken writing and stats before you apply.