Question about Status

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ian0322

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

I have a few questions regarding my app. I have had everything completed and mailed on August 19. I am getting kind of concerned I guess where everything stands from here. My stats are: 3.54 gpa, 3.35 bcp gpa and similar science gpa with a 4.0 my last 45 credit hours. My DAT is a 20AA and 19TS. I had to have my dentist submit my LOR electronically which has delayed my app at both MWU's due to my counselor not sending my letters even though I had specifically stated through the phone and email that's what I wanted with my committee letter. That electronic submission was received September 16th, is this delaying my app? I have good EC's: 500+ volunteer hours and leader of my own volunteer group and 100+ hours of volunteer/assisting at a general dental office. I applied to 14 schools I guess I am starting to get worried, what do you see as a weak pt here?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hey,

I have a few questions regarding my app. I have had everything completed and mailed on August 19. I am getting kind of concerned I guess where everything stands from here. My stats are: 3.54 gpa, 3.35 bcp gpa and similar science gpa with a 4.0 my last 45 credit hours. My DAT is a 20AA and 19TS. I had to have my dentist submit my LOR electronically which has delayed my app at both MWU's due to my counselor not sending my letters even though I had specifically stated through the phone and email that's what I wanted with my committee letter. That electronic submission was received September 16th, is this delaying my app? I have good EC's: 500+ volunteer hours and leader of my own volunteer group and 100+ hours of volunteer/assisting at a general dental office. I applied to 14 schools I guess I am starting to get worried, what do you see as a weak pt here?

Thanks

It's pretty common for schools to hold onto your app until it's complete. This includes the LOR. So after schools get everything, it's considered complete and they pass it on to the adcom for review. It'll be a few weeks (4+) til you hear anything.

Wow that was a quick reply, thanks dmdluffy. I wish I would have known that she did not send it in earlier, it took over a month to figure that out. I guess I should have not put that trust in my counselor like I did.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow that was a quick reply, thanks dmdluffy. I wish I would have known that she did not send it in earlier, it took over a month to figure that out. I guess I should have not put that trust in my counselor like I did.

Yeah I'm on SDN 24/7 cause I'm so bored!

Yeah pre-dent committees are like that haha. I think you should be okay. 14 schools is pretty broad and your stats are solid so you should be okay. Don't let all the talk about pre-dec stuff scare you into thinking your doomed if you don't get an interview/acceptance before December. Very few schools end up with there classes mostly full after the Dec interviews and most of the interviews dished out so far are to people with multiple interviews (and they can only go to one school). Just hang tight and try not to go crazy! GL!

Lol, yeah I tend to do alot of looking on here now too. Thanks again dmdluffy, and I wish you the best of luck as well!