FrankShui

Just to be frank...
10+ Year Member
Feb 10, 2007
Texas
How long does it take for the NBME to process your certification of ID/applicant authorization form? Did anyone here have a long turnaround time from when you mailed in the form and received your scheduling permit? I'm really worried that my form is lost in the mail.

kdburton

Ulnar Deviant
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 3, 2005
Status
Resident [Any Field]
How long does it take for the NBME to process your certification of ID/applicant authorization form? Did anyone here have a long turnaround time from when you mailed in the form and received your scheduling permit? I'm really worried that my form is lost in the mail.
I think it may have taken around 2 weeks from the time I mailed my form out until it said they'd received my form and that my school had confirmed I was enrolled in good standing or whatever... Then I signed up for a 3mo eligibility period that was >6 months out so I didn't get my scheduling permit for a while longer

johnsmith777

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Aug 22, 2008
Status
Medical Student
how exactly are you guys signing up for the step1?

I've went to https://apps.nbme.org/ciw2/prod/jsp/login.jsp and clicked "first time user?", but it takes me to a page for people who have forgotten their username/password.

I filled out the form they asked, and got an email back from them saying "we don't have a record of you taking any exams in our database, so we can't give you a username/password".

I am an M2 at a US medical school for what it's worth.

About the Ads

kdburton

Ulnar Deviant
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 3, 2005
Status
Resident [Any Field]
how exactly are you guys signing up for the step1?

I've went to https://apps.nbme.org/ciw2/prod/jsp/login.jsp and clicked "first time user?", but it takes me to a page for people who have forgotten their username/password.

I filled out the form they asked, and got an email back from them saying "we don't have a record of you taking any exams in our database, so we can't give you a username/password".

I am an M2 at a US medical school for what it's worth.
I believe I registered on that site. You have to create a profile before you actually register. So once you're on that site then theres a "first time users" tab I believe. Provide them with your social security number (or one of the other numbers they ask for on the top) and then all the rest of the information. Once you have a profile you can apply for Step 1. The point is that you log into this profile each time you need to register for an USMLE exam (so you'll use that same loging multiple times)

johnsmith777

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Aug 22, 2008
Status
Medical Student
hey kdburton,

if you check the URL when you cursor over the links, you can see that the link of "first time user" takes you to the same link as "forgot my password".

In other words, when I fill out the "first time user" stuff, it says they will send me an email in 2 business days; however, when they send me an email, it says they have no record of me in their database and thus can't give me my password.

About the Ads