Question About Studying AP Images

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KeratinPearls

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How do you guys and gals go by studying images for AP? In regards to knowledge base, I guess you just got to memorize and memorize. How about images. I talked with one of the derm residents in my dermpath rotation and he told me how he took pics of slides assoc with common diseases and put them into powerpoint. He told me came up with 700 slides. It seems like this would be helpful esp in derm where microscopically you have a background of epidermis and dermis with all the different pathology.

Do you all have any study tips on how to get these images engrained in your head so that when you take the boards or sign out a case, it'll be second nature?

Thanks all for any advice.

Members don't see this ad.

look. read. rinse. repeat.

Repetition is the key.

When I started my training I was collecting the slides by ordering re-cuts. After a while, I stopped. Many lesions became fixed in my memory. Looking at the images in the text books or web sites become enough for me.

Members don't see this ad :)
For AP images, I would recommend taking one of the volume books (Sternberg, Rosai) and either flipping through the pages and looking at the images/caption.

I really found that the CDs that they come with are helpful. I would just sit with my laptop and browse through the images on there.

For AP images, I would recommend taking one of the volume books (Sternberg, Rosai) and either flipping through the pages and looking at the images/caption.

I really found that the CDs that they come with are helpful. I would just sit with my laptop and browse through the images on there.

I was thinking about doing that. Getting a powerpoint presentation together and putting images from CDs on there any flipping through the presentation every now and then. Hopefully, the images will stick in my head by the time I go out and practice or when I take the boards.

Anyone know of any good surgical pathology atlases? Online or in print? We've got a lot of books filled with words. I want to see pictures, pictures, pictures! And arrows and circles and stuff are nice too...