question about summer school and DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ddsshin

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
:love: hello guys!

I am looking forward to turn in my application this 07 SUMMEr and hopefully get into Dental school in 2008 cycle.., but I still have around 12-13 courses to finish after this year . I go to UC so.. its quarter system..
so.. I think I need to take summer school which will be on 08 Summer.
My concern is... dental school starts on sept 09 which is darn right after my summer session of 08... so.. my question is... do I have chance to take summer right before I go to dental school... or Do I need to finish in that previous year???

Also, in terms of DAT...
I am going to take summer session this coming summer. I am going to take 1 yr of physics in 8 weeks... ( study abroad in England! yes Univ of SUSSEX).. I will be back around 8-20-07
and my school will start aroudn 9-25..

I have around 1 month to study DAT... and probably turn in my score around end of september... Do you think this is good idea? or... should I wait for one more year...?
Also, what is the best way to study for DAT???? I am thinking about to attend DAT prep course like Kaplain... but I am not sure if they offer 1 month session...

so please give me advice!
Thank you.:laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

:love: hello guys!

I am looking forward to turn in my application this 07 SUMMEr and hopefully get into Dental school in 2008 cycle.., but I still have around 12-13 courses to finish after this year . I go to UC so.. its quarter system..
so.. I think I need to take summer school which will be on 08 Summer.
My concern is... dental school starts on sept 09 which is darn right after my summer session of 08... so.. my question is... do I have chance to take summer right before I go to dental school... or Do I need to finish in that previous year???

Also, in terms of DAT...
I am going to take summer session this coming summer. I am going to take 1 yr of physics in 8 weeks... ( study abroad in England! yes Univ of SUSSEX).. I will be back around 8-20-07
and my school will start aroudn 9-25..

I have around 1 month to study DAT... and probably turn in my score around end of september... Do you think this is good idea? or... should I wait for one more year...?
Also, what is the best way to study for DAT???? I am thinking about to attend DAT prep course like Kaplain... but I am not sure if they offer 1 month session...

so please give me advice!
Thank you.:laugh:

You usually don't have time to take class before dschool starts. Plus you won't want to....unless it's a dental school course. Then I guess you'll get a head start at least. Don't wait though! What if you decide to go to a school that starts much earlier?

How to study for the DAT? Memorize kaplan, take lots of practice tests, and Topscore. That's it.

Interesting predicament.

You should be finishing all your classes by June of the year you're entering dental school. The dental schools that have accepted me have said that they want updated transcripts ASAP after graduation in June.

I don't know where it says that it's not allowed to take courses the summer right before dental school... but you should talk to some dental schools just to see what they say. I think it's cuz you have so many people on the waitlist... they can't afford to have students provisional up until August right before enrollment in September.

Hmm.. and what if you did want to go to a dental school that started earlier... like Pacific in July? =)