Question about taking opt. prereqs at a CC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ABoutyrski

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a senior in high school and will be attending a CC next year. I was hoping to complete most/all of the opt. requirements at the CC until I read on here that some schools look down on classes that are taken at CCs. What should I do?

Members don't see this ad.

I am a senior in high school and will be attending a CC next year. I was hoping to complete most/all of the opt. requirements at the CC until I read on here that some schools look down on classes that are taken at CCs. What should I do?

You should contact the schools of optometry that you are considering and ask them their policy.

You should contact the schools of optometry that you are considering and ask them their policy.

Oh okay thank you, does anyone know Berkeley's policy?

Members don't see this ad :)
You should contact Berkeley. I would not rely on information posted by people you don't know on an internet forum for this kind of information.

^^^ I agree, when it comes to something this important you have to contact the schools directly. I don't know why people on this forum are so afraid to call and ask the admissions people their questions. They really are there to help you!

^^^ I agree, when it comes to something this important you have to contact the schools directly. I don't know why people on this forum are so afraid to call and ask the admissions people their questions. They really are there to help you!

Yes they are and give you the best advice because it comes straight from the "horses mouth"