Question about Tech Job and School?

Started by aquafire
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

aquafire

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone,

I'm in a bit of a dilemma about what to do here. So basically, I've gotten accepted into the pharmacy school of my choice. However, I still have some prerequisites (11-12 credits) that I need to take in Winter Semester to keep my seat in the program. Right now I am a Pharmacy Tech (part-time for about 3 months) at a retail store. I'm also a part-time student taking easy pre-reqs this fall, so juggling both responsibilities hasn't been too difficult. However, the classes I have to take next semester (Orgo, Calc, etc) are on the heavier side for me.

Do you guys think it would be alright to quit my tech job so I can focus on my classes and keep my grades up? Will the pharmacy school think something is up if I quit this job or will they not care?

Please help! 🙁