1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Question about the AADSAS coursework

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by sessllh, May 17, 2008.

1. sessllh

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Hi,

I have a question regarding coursework section in the AADSAS application.
    I took Calc 1 class during my freshmen year, and also had a AP credit for the same course. Does the calc 1 class considered as repeated course because of the AP credit?

One more question about 1st degree. when you fill out the application, is it correct to put 1st degree as B.S. and status as degree expected? which means I will earn B.S. before I enter into the dental school. Or since I didn't earn a degree yet, should I put it as none?

Please help me out, any helpful comments would be appreciated.

Thanks.

2. DrEagleMike

10+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I'm not sure about the Calc class, but I will be applying with my BS incomplete. So on the one question with degree I put down BS. And made mention on the next one down that it is an expected degree. It just made sense to me that way. Otherwise, if none was put down and you put down degree expected then what is the expected degree? I dunno, that's just how I saw it. I'm sure someone else will get you a more exact answer.

3. Doh Boy Fresh

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    i called up and asked - they said dont mark as repeated course.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. jlee1986

10+ Year Member

Dental Student
    i'm in the same situation...would i put "0 credits" for the ap course even though i initially did get credit for it, but forfeited it because i took the equivalent course for it freshman year?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Doh Boy Fresh

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    no you put, CR and ap/CLEP

6. jlee1986

10+ Year Member

Dental Student
    what should i put under the "credit" section for an ap class that i "retook" as a college course?

7. sessllh

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    The instruction says you have to put ATTEMPTED credit hours, however my transcript says 0 for attempt hours, so i just bascially put 0 for the credit. And I classified the course as AP.

8. Ninster

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Enter number of credits ATTEMPTED

What exactly does this mean? If I attempted it once (first time I took course was it) then I put a 1?

9. uvaGirL07

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    What do you put for the "Grade" section if you got credit for an AP course? There is no grade on my transcript for my AP classes, and I don't remember what I got in high school for those classes. :confused: