Question about the application process

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dragonandfire

Reaction score
l

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi guys, I was wondering if you guys could me advice on something personal. I received sub 500 scores on my first four MCAT attempts and will be taking the MCAT exam this September. Should I apply to a throwaway school now for both DO/MDs and then update my school list once I receive my MCAT score in mid-late September? Or will I be considered a late applicant?
I wouldn't even apply MDs, focus all of your money on DOs. Mid-late September is still early for DOs so you will be fine. What are your GPAs?

Reactions: 1 user
Hi guys, I was wondering if you guys could me advice on something personal. I received sub 500 scores on my first four MCAT attempts and will be taking the MCAT exam this September. Should I apply to a throwaway school now for both DO/MDs and then update my school list once I receive my MCAT score in mid-late September? Or will I be considered a late applicant?
I can't sugar coat this. I suggest that it's time for Plan B, such an an SMP.

You've hit your plateau.....UNLESS test taking anxiety is an issue...if so, that has to be fixed first, and it is fixable.

Quoting the wise Homeskool: Taking the MCAT is like getting married: ideally you only do it once, and the more times you do it the worse you start looking to suitors with good judgment.

One should always apply to a throwaway school without a score in order to get verified. Due to COVID, late Sept will not be late.

Reactions: 1 users