Question about the MHC Program at Brooklyn College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Psychman101

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

I recently came across this site and it has been a valuable asset to me. I'm a new member here and I had a question/comment. I will be starting The Mental Health Counseling Program at Brooklyn College this fall. I have completed all the necessary paperwork, and am set to begin classes in late August. Is there anything in particular I can be doing in the next 6 weeks to prepare myself for classes? Is there anything I should be doing? Outside of purchasing textbooks, I really do not know how to prep for the fall? Any suggestions? Also, I was curious if there was anyone on this board who will also be attending the program this fall? Are there any MHC Brooklyn College alumni who can share some experiences about the program? Thank you for any feedback and I look forward to having some interesting and thought provoking banter.

Members don't see this ad.

I am a new member to this site and wish that I would have joined and seen this post in July 2011. I am considering pursuing the Mental Health Counseling degree at Brooklyn College. I just wanted to know what this program was like for you.