foroneaudience

Foroneaudience
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 31, 2006
Status
Pharmacist
I have a question...it might be a dumb one. Someone told me that when you take the PCAT your score is calculated on everyone that has EVER taken it. But another person also told me that it's only based on the people that took it at the same I did. Which is true? Thanks!

kkelloww

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 13, 2005
Status
Pharmacist
foroneaudience said:
I have a question...it might be a dumb one. Someone told me that when you take the PCAT your score is calculated on everyone that has EVER taken it. But another person also told me that it's only based on the people that took it at the same I did. Which is true? Thanks![/QUOTE

Your Composite percentile is the percentage of people you beat in the norm group. In this case, the norm group is first-time examinees who took the PCAT between 1998 and 2003. So both people told you incorrect info.

DownonthePharm

Chillin' n Fillin'
10+ Year Member
Dec 23, 2004
Oklahoma
Status
Pharmacist
Someone please put this in the FAQs if it isnt already there.

About the Ads

ndearwater

SDN Donor
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 23, 2004
Status
Pharmacist
I have heard that it's based on the scores of all first time test takers from March of 2003 or something like that. It's not just based on those taking it the same day, I know that. .... Moving to PCAT forum. :)

drhemi70

10+ Year Member
Mar 18, 2005
Status
ndearwater,
Percentile scores are based on all first time test takers from oct98 through march03. It says this on the test booklet you get from harcourt and on their website. You as a mod should not be throwing info out there unless you know what you are talking about.
DR

About the Ads